Data Warehouse Developer ( Senior Officer/Officer)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for successfully delivering business intelligence information to meet the University’s analytics and reporting needs. The person works with the Data Architect Specialist and other units in SUSS to implement the technical vision in the BI&A Data Warehouse. This person is expected to have professionally solid consulting skills and communicate well at all levels of the organisation.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and do programming & scripting using ETL tools and conduct ETL unit and development tests.
- Design automation processes to control data access, ensure source system data availability, and update accessibility, data integrity and restorability.
- Conduct performance tuning of end-to-end integration processes within source/target databases and ensure efficient implementation.
- Design and implement various unit tests on the system and prepare test data.
- Investigate data issues as and when they arise.
- Monitor Data Warehouse work and provide subject matter expertise.
- Support maintenance and ongoing enhancement to the data warehouse.
- Define and direct the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse.
- Work with stakeholders on business intelligence (BI) and analytics requirements.
- Conduct feasibility studies, facilitate BI and analytics projects, and facilitate successful delivery.
- Ensure that project timelines are met within cost and quality guidelines.
- Ensure IT compliance with corporate governance, best practices, adherence to the University’s policies, and documentation quality.
- Attend training and development courses relevant to work and personal development, as well as participate in University-wide activities.
- Perform other tasks and activities as assigned by supervisors.
- A good undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science or Data Mining) from a recognised University
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in technical, enterprise or data architecture, as well as in BI full-cycle implementation
- Knowledge of and experience with database technologies, data warehousing and ETL principles and solutions
- Experience developing codes, testing for quality assurance, administering RDBMS, and monitoring database
- Proficiency in dimensional modelling techniques and their applications
- At least three years of working experience with Infosphere DataStage and other ETL tools
- Familiarity with reporting/visualisation software such as Microstrategy and Power BI is an advantage
- Is organised and meticulous
- Is proactive, resourceful and self-motivated
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, consultative and communication skills, as well as the ability to make sound judgments and work with both technical and business personnel
- Team player who has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Has documentation skills