Research Associate (SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Corp Lab)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Institute of Operations Research and Analytics (IORA) in National University of Singapore has an exciting role for Research Associate/Project Manager (Technical) for SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Corp Lab.
- Overall lead in the day-to-day research operations of the Corp Lab, monitoring the work of researchers/PhD students and their output, including participating in/organizing meetings within the Corp Lab and with SIA Business Units.
- Assist PIs of the different work packages to resolve issues and problems faced during the research
- Take ownership of the entire project lifecycle management process from execution, monitoring and control and overall management of the research, stakeholder management, reporting and governance.
- Provides a structure for project delivery, improves communication between stakeholders and tracks and helps to ensure project progresses according to the approved timeline and milestones.
- As an important and integral member of our research team, you will be working closely with faculty members, research scientists, and PhD students.
- Lead in formulating reporting to grantor, and internal Corp Lab Executive Committee and Management Committee
- Standardization and knowledge sharing of project processes and workflow
- Master’s Degree with at least 5 years of work experience in a managerial/project management capacity
- Relevant technical skills and experience in aviation industry in machine learning, software development, engineering as you will be working within multidisciplinary and international project team of leading researchers.
- evidence of ability to conduct high-quality research with strong mathematical and programming background and problem-solving skills
- evidence of leading and managing research projects
- A motivated and proactive individual who can work well independently as well as with a team in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Interest/business knowledge/relevant experience of the aviation industry in the region
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.