Business Intelligence Analyst (Executive)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for development and maintenance of dashboards from requirements gathering to dashboard design, to deployment of dashboards onto Report Server. This person is expected to have good professional skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisation.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain existing Power BI Dashboards
- a. Understand data and business requirements of existing dashboards
- b. Review request for changes
- c. Modify data sources and add new fields from data warehouse if required
- d. Change or create new visualisations
- e. Create new fields if required using DAX programming language to satisfy requirements
- Create new Power BI Dashboards and/or assist in new Dashboard Projects
- a. Gather requirements from users for new dashboards
- b. Document requirements including sources of data and visuals required
- c. Design dashboards including connecting to data sources, creation of visuals and additional fields using DAX (if required)
- d. Deploy dashboards to Report Server
- e. Create user guides for dashboard and provide training to users on how to use the new dashboards
- Assist in operations related to Report Server
- a. Create new folders based on request
- b. Assign relevant permissions
- c. Create schedules to refresh dashboards
- d. Perform weekly operations check on jobs and backups
- Investigate dashboard and data issues as and when they arise.
- Support maintenance and ongoing enhancement to the Report Server.
- Ensure that project timelines are met within cost and quality guidelines.
- Ensure IT compliance with corporate governance, best practices and adherence to University’s policies and quality of documentation.
- Assist supervisor in BI&A admin activities.
- Perform other tasks and activities as assigned by supervisors.
- A good Diploma and/or Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science or Business Intelligence) from a recognised Polytechnic/University
- Good knowledge and expertise in Power BI reporting/visualisation software
- Knowledge of and experience with connecting and manipulating data sources like databases
- Organised and meticulous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, resourceful and self-motivated
- Team player who has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to engage stakeholders
- Strong at documentation