Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Mechanical)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Singapore University of Social Sciences is one of Singapore's six autonomous universities and its mission is to provide lifelong education that equips learners to serve society. Home to more than 15,000 students, SUSS provides an applied education that targets both fresh school leavers and adult learners, with a focus on the social sciences. It adopts a flexible and practice-focused learning approach and offers more than 70 degree programmes in various disciplines. Applications are invited for an open-rank faculty position in the areas of Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering at the Singapore University of Social Sciences.
The successful candidate will join the Engineering cluster in the School of Science and Technology and will be expected to teach and conduct research in Mechanical and/or Mechatronics and closely related fields.
The responsibilities of the full-time SST faculty member include teaching and developing courses, conducting academic and/or applied research, and managing industry partners to deliver professional certification courses, which will prepare students with a firm foundation in one or more areas of Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering education.
- Ph.D. degree holder in Mechanical/Mechatronics or relevant Engineering disciplines. Candidates with strong knowledge, research and industry experiences in aerospace, biomedical, mechanical or mechatronic engineering will have an added advantage.
- Strong interest to conduct teaching and research in aerospace and/or biomedical engineering disciplines.
- Evidence of high quality publications in international peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and engage positively with colleagues and external stakeholders.