Post Doctoral Fellow, Rock Fluid Interactions
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on a funded project to investigate the rock fluid interactions via experiments (such as core flooding, SEM imaging, HPHT contact angles), and numerical simulation and machine learning techniques.
The project will specifically focus on the interactions of anhydrite-rich carbonate rocks for their EOR and CO2 geo-storage potential.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at KU and will get an opportunity to engage with project collaborators at KFUPM and will work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Perform core flood experiments to characterize rock/fluid interaction.
- Apply numerical simulation / machine learning techniques to rock/fluid interaction data sets.
- Working knowledge on characterization techniques such as Microscopy (SEM, ESEM, AFM)
- Working knowledge on rock/fluids interactions during CO2 geo-storage
- Contribute to writing scientific publications, grants, drafting patents and attending conferences
- Train new lab personnel on lab methods, safety protocols, and standard operating procedures
- Performing analyses in collaboration with senior scientists locally and internationally
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in either Petroleum engineering or related discipline
- Experience writing scientific or review papers
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time