Laboratory Engineer, Nuclear Engineering
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Lab Engineer is responsible to support the functioning and development of labs within the Faculty of Engineering and to work closely with Department faculty to provide high quality technical support in labs
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the day to day operation of the assigned laboratory
- Ensure work is carried out and performed to the required standards
- Monitor and maintain an organized, clean and safe working environment in labs and ensures compliance with work related legal, health and safety standards
- Ensure stock of equipment and consumables within a pre-set level of expenditure
- Support in identifying and purchasing of lab equipment, following consultation with appropriate faculty and working closely with procurement/facilities management/finance departments
- Support in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower and space
- Advise faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
- Work closely with direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students and researchers
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology or Engineering discipline is mandatory.
- A Minor or a Bachelor Degree in Nuclear Science or Engineering is a strong asset for the position.
- Knowledge and experience in the utilization of equipment and instrumentation related to nuclear applications (radiation metrology, nuclear material and chemistry, thermohydraulic experiments) is an asset.
- A practical experience in nuclear radiation safety is an asset.
- A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience is an asset.
Candidate with shorter relevant experience (internship) are encouraged to apply.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Specialist
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time