Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on funded project for the synthesis of surface passivated halide perovskite crystals using organic functional molecules.
The main goal of the project is developing new crystallization methods to realize 2D and quasi-2D halide perovskite single crystals and single crystal thin films with improved surface passivation. Therefore, further modifications of the perovskite solution growth methods along with the judicious choice of the passivating organic functional molecules are required to realize such crystals with low surface defects and high conductivity.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the AMCC and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Conduct research on the development of novel organic functional molecules for surface passivation of perovskite single crystals and single crystal thin films.
- Working knowledge with characterization equipment such as NMR, UV/Vis and PL spectrophotometers and Raman).
- Contribute to writing grants, drafting patents and attending conferences
- Train new lab personnel on lab methods, safety protocols, and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Chemistry, Materials Science, or other related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time