Post Doctoral Fellow, Materials Chemistry
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University (KU) is a research-oriented top-ranked Institution in UAE with a focus on cutting-edge research, and it offers academic programs designed to address the strategic, scientific, and industrial challenges of evolving world.
The state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure, and culturally diverse outstanding faculty provide an excellent learning experience to national and International students at KU. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science, and medicine in three colleges.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Fellow to work on the development of novel materials from peptides and their derivatives through a self-assembly approach for different applications including antibacterial and anticancer treatment. As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities and will get an opportunity to work with a team of researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds.
- Design and synthesis of organic small molecules including short peptides.
- Working knowledge of different characterization equipment such as microscopy (SEM, TEM).
- Should have expertise in NMR, HPLC, and LC-MS
- Willing to contribute to grant writing, drafting patents, and attending conferences.
- Train new lab personnel on lab methods, safety protocols, and standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Ph.D. from a reputable university in Materials Chemistry or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific papers.
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ph.D. gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- High-impact first-author publications in the top 10% of journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time