Research Assistant / Associate (Zebrafish Studies)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a research assistant to join our group in studying the biological effects of ionizing radiation (IR) using zebrafish as an animal model.
Our group in aims to develop novel transgenic zebrafish lines as in-vivo reporters for real-time sensing of IR damage. These transgenic lines will serve as useful tools for further dissecting the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the IR-induced damage to an intact organism. Training in molecular and cellular biology as well as animal handling will be provided, and the incumbent will get to experience the value of an animal model system in biological research.
The incumbent will be responsible for (but not restricted to):
- Assisting the lead researcher with all experiments and data analysis required in the project;
- Assisting in lab duties and administrative work including procurement, record keeping, maintenance, etc.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter, and prepare for 3 character referees.
If the applicant has prior research experience, please summarize the most recent research project in a write up of no more than 250 words and send it together with the CV. This helps us to know you better.
- A good Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or related disciplines
- Fresh graduates are welcome but prior experience is a bonus
- Must be comfortable handling zebrafish, including embryos, larvae, adults and their euthanizations
- Must be comfortable performing routine ionizing radiation on zebrafish
- Must be interested and enjoy working in a biological research lab setting
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: S'pore Nuclear Rsch & Safety Initiative
Department : Radiobiology Team
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17832