Associate Professor (Built Environment)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture, Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
FACULTY APPOINTMENT (TENURE/EDUCATOR/PRACTICE TRACK SCHEMES) – BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING, BUILDING PERFORMANCE, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The Department of the Built Environment in the College of Design and Engineering, National University of Singapore, invites scholars/practitioners with professional skills and expertise in industry to apply for a faculty appointment on the Tenure/Educator/Practice Track Schemes in Building Information Modelling/building performance/artificial intelligence. Practice Track candidates should possess a degree, generally with 6 or more years of practice experience at a senior level and demonstrate leadership in the profession.
Those who have teaching experience may also apply for a faculty appointment on the Tenure/Educator Track Schemes. Tenure/Educator Track candidates should possess a Ph.D. or equivalent, with teaching experience in higher education settings.
About the University and Department
The Department's vision is to become a global leader in project and infrastructure management. It offers an undergraduate engineering programme in Infrastructure and Project Management, as well as graduate programmes in “Project Management” and “Building Performance and Sustainability”. The Department also offers higher degree programmes by research. The two broad areas of research focus are Project Management and Facilities Management. Information about the Department can be found at https://cde.nus.edu.sg/dbe/.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a research‐intensive university that was founded in 1905. NUS is Singapore’s flagship university and consistently ranks among the top universities in Asia and the World. The Department of the Built Environment was named the world's #6 in Architecture/Built Environment in the 2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
More specific requirements are, but not limited to:
- Excellent combination of diverse managerial, digitalisation, and technical backgrounds to teach and develop education and research programmes in the fields of Building Information Modelling (BIM), building performance, and/or artificial intelligence as applied to infrastructure, buildings or project management practice.
- In‐depth knowledge and profound industry experiences that can contribute to the fundamental innovation of digital technologies and their impact in practice.
- Excellent and significant industry experiences, skills and passions in the built environment and infrastructure industry.
- Versatility to adapt quickly to offer what students/industry want.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : The Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18441