Research Associate (Research Program Manager) in Energy Studies Institute
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Associate
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Energy Studies Institute
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis.
The newly established ESI Business Office is responsible to oversee the institute’s outreach to the industry and agencies to secure additional funding and also to enrich the regional scope and deepen the research work of the institute in the energy systems, climate change and related market and policy issues.
We are looking for a highly motivated research program manager to join the ESI Business Office team to work closely with multi-disciplinary teams carrying out energy research projects.
- To conduct and support energy policy research in the area of energy systems, climate change and related market and policy issues.
- To help secure industry collaboration and consulting projects and work closely with in-house multi-disciplinary teams carrying out energy research projects within contracted timelines and budgets.
- To help streamline the timely and coordinated tracking of research collaboration and consulting projects, including invoicing and collection of payments for completed works.
- Specific projects could include government tenders (including via GeBiz) and external funded projects from the regional energy industry, consultants and related agencies.
- The appointed candidate should have some good understanding of energy economics, environment, climatic and security challenges and have had formal training in related areas.
- An understanding of Singapore’s local work experience is desirable.
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably engineering or science related degree
- Possess a proven track record of at least 2 years of working experience
- Possess good people and project management skills with effective communication writing acumen in both technical and commercial proposals.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the area of energy systems, climatic change, and related market and policy challenges would be highly valuable.
- Relevant working experience on the ASEAN region would be an advantage; however applicants with no regional work experience but are willing to learn will still be given full consideration.
- A good team player able to work independently and as part of a team of internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Administration & Support
Job requisition ID : 17816