Research Assistant, Computational Architecture
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture, Art, Performing Arts & Design, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- The successful candidate will be working on demonstrating the potential of developing generic shape rules from architectural design precedents, to support the generation of alternative design concepts for a given site or context. This involves extracting and encoding the relevant characteristics of an architectural design precedent, when reduced to an annotated 3D massing model, into a generic shape rules, using parametrization and the identification of associative relationships.
- The appointment is a 8-month contract, with the possibility of extension for the candidate with high potential/performance.
- BSc. or MSc. in Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Ability to conceptualise abstraction models
- Knowledge of computer programming preferred
- Have a basic understanding about architecture
- Passionate about research and motivated to learn
- Highly responsible and able to work independently with integrity
- Good communication skills
- A strong team player who is able to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively and harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Architecture
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17809