Dentist, Research Assistant / Associate / Fellow
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs, Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Faculty of Dentistry at the National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of a Research Assistant/Research Associate/Post-doctoral fellow to support clinical translational research in oral biofilms and periodontal health.
The candidate must possess a Bachelor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Sciences (DDS) with a least 2 years research experience in Oral Microbiology.
The Research Assistant/Research Associate/Post-doctoral Fellow will be a part of a team that will look at biofilm adhesion onto arbitrary substrates and its washout resistance.
The duties will include:
- Liaise with manufacturers to design and produce microfluidic devices to quantify biofilm washout resistance
- Collect, analyse, and interpret experimental results
- Draft reports and research papers
- Maintain housekeeping of the laboratory area and general maintenance tasks, ensuring laboratory safety
- Perform other related duties to support the research group
The selected candidate may be appointed up to 12 months and will be offered competitive salary and benefits.
- Qualifications: Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) or Doctor of Dental Sciences (DDS). A PhD will be an advantage
- Previous experience in biofilm research and quantification of adhesion forces (strictly required)
- Able to operation electron scanning microscope, confocal microscope and atomic force microscope independently
- Able to culture oral bacteria/biofilms and quantify biofilms via CVA, CFU, q PCR etc.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.