Education Administration Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $79,717 - $89,426 + 17% superannuation
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Multiple full-time and part time roles available on a fixed term and continuing basis
- Opportunity to provide a broad range of education administrative and operational support to academic and teaching staff to support processes for teaching activities
- Roles based at our clinical schools will require NSW Health, police, and WWC checks completed
- Base Salary of $79,717 - $89,426 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for 2022 university rankings, moving up 5 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 18th in the world.
As such, we are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University's ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for multiple Education Administration Officers to join the education unit to support in our schools:
- Sydney Medical School
- School of Medical Sciences
- School of Public Health
- Sydney Dental School
- School of Health Sciences
- Sydney Pharmacy School
- Sydney Nursing School
In this role, you will be interpreting, advising, and implementing relevant University policy and practices and assists Academic, Teaching and Professional staff with general policy interpretation and other procedural issues related to education support services.
Please note that these roles are not open to current University of Sydney students. You will be expected to maintain an onsite presence for this position, with WFH arrangements to be discussed with your manager if you are successful. Additionally, we will be running an in-person assessment centre for this role.
This role may be required to travel between locations to support other work areas.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- supporting the implementation of program evaluation and improvements for research-based or coursework programs of study by managing the program/subject evaluation process and adopting the changes designed by Academic staff responsible for the program or study or subject
- liaising with and establishes effective working relationships with key staff to ensure that the work area's education support, learning, curriculum and teaching priorities and needs are effectively met
- maintaining relevant databases and contact lists to support learning and teaching activities, e.g., tutor/clinician/patient databases, contact information for actor patients, etc.
- supporting the compilation of academic content and materials prepared by Academic and Teaching staff for printed publication and uploading to blackboard/online systems.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Education Administration Officers who have:
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes
- superior computer skills, including database maintenance, experience with Microsoft Officer (in particular Excel) together with experience operating with large, corporate-level database and information systems
- experience working in a tertiary or complex organisation will be highly regarded.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 27 March 2023 11:59 PM