Research Assistant in the Research Center on Stability, Instability, and Turbulence
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Research Center on Stability, Instability, and Turbulence (SITE), New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to recruit a Research Assistant to work on:
- Structuration and maintenance of a large-scale dataset of collected images and audio files destined to analyze letters and words pronunciation from a machine learning and mathematical viewpoint. Build a complete pipeline to store the data in a good hierarchy while combining sound and images.
- Generate and interpret usable data to train machine learning models on from videos and audio recordings with available open-source image/sound software tools. Master open source tools such as MONAI labels and Praat. Interpret the new data (spectrograms etc)
- Design state-of-the-art machine learning models for automatic speech recognition and image segmentation. Identify the state-of-the-art models in the literature (CNN, transformers etc), test their performances and finally report on the best ones.
- Build an API for real time testing and evaluation of the developed tools. Design a user-interactive interface to evaluate the learnt models in real time
As a research assistant on the team, you will conduct research within the specified areas. You will work in collaboration with internal and external researchers.
Candidates must hold a data science Master degree; Python programming (with Tensorflow, Pytorch) and API development; facility to build and debug Machine learning models (neural networks, convnets, resnets, etc). Experience required is with managing large-scale data; applying machine learning models in different contexts; sound and image segmentation applications. Preferred experience is with audio and video files and their preprocessing. Required competencies are: good level in Deep learning; good Knowledge of CPU, GPU, Docker, Git; autonomy and curiosity, Team spirit, Good relational skills; motivation to contribute to innovative research projects. Preferred competencies: designing API.
For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae with full publication list, statement of research interests and three letters of reference, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email nyuad.SITE@nyu.edu
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.