Laboratory Manager / Technician Position in Translational Cancer Medicine Program
- UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI
- Helsinki, Finland
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Translational Vascular Biology Laboratory is searching for a skilled lab manager / technician.
A Laboratory Manager / Laboratory Technician position is open in the Translational Vascular Biology group, led by professor Pipsa Saharinen. The group belongs to the BarrierForce Center of Excellence (Academy of Finland) and the Translational Cancer Medicine Program, University of Helsinki.
The candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers focusing on the regulation of the blood and lymphatic vascular systems in health and disease. The candidate will also work independently, being responsible for selected parts of the projects & laboratory’s maintenance.
- BSc / MSc or similar degree in biological laboratory sciences
- Skilled in laboratory practice
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary research team
- Documentation skills
- Ability to write and communicate in English
- Experience in molecular biology, cell biology, immunological methods or protein chemistry is valued
APPLYING FOR THE JOB
Please submit your application via the University of Helsinki Recruitment System by clicking the ‘Apply for the position’ button below. Internal applicants (i.e. current employees of the University of Helsinki) should submit their applications through the SAP HR portal.
Please attach the following documents to your application as a single PDF file:
- Cover letter that details your experience and motivation for applying for the post
- CV (including publications)
- Contact details of at least three referees
For further information please contact Pipsa Saharinen: pipsa.saharinen (at) helsinki.fi. If you need support with the recruitment system, please contact recruitment (at) helsinki.fi.
Deadline: March 30, 2023. The position is open immediately and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. The project initially allows a one-year fixed-term position. A trial period of 6 months will be applied. Salary will depend upon the applicant's level of skills, knowledge, and abilities and is based on the university salary system. Salary is based on experience and will be approximately 2500-2900 euros/month.
Research group related web sites:
- BarrierForce center of Excellence: https://barrierforce.utu.fi/
- Translational Vascular Biology: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/translational-vascular-biology
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to work in international research environment, complete training and supervision to the work and possibility to widen your skill set in a state-of-the-art research laboratory with expertise in cell and molecular biology, protein chemistry, immunological methods and mouse genetics.
The University of Helsinki (UH), founded in 1640, is a vibrant scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities and ranks among the top 100 international universities in the world. It is currently investing heavily in life sciences research. UH offers comprehensive services to its employees, including occupational health care and health insurance, sports facilities, and opportunities for professional development.
Read more about the employee benefits at the University of Helsinki and why the University of Helsinki is an excellent career choice: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/about-us/careers