Full-time Research and Teaching Position in Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES
- Brussels, Belgium
- 12 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, General Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Teaching and research activities with a view to defending a doctoral thesis (PhD)
The person hired will have to perform assistantship tasks in the field of chemistry relating to the lessons of the Microbiology, Bioorganic and Macromolecular Chemistry unit (Prof. F. MEYER), namely general and organic chemistry (practical work and seminars) according to the imperatives of faculty pedagogical coordination. (S)He will also have to carry out various logistical activities related to the Service and the Faculty of Pharmacy. In research, (s)he will have to undertake a doctoral thesis at the interface of organic synthesis and supramolecular assemblies. The doctoral research will concern the design of new fluorophore compounds endowed with recognition properties by supramolecular interactions. The anticancer and antibacterial properties of these molecules will be determined in collaboration with other faculty groups.
- Organic chemistry synthesis and biochemistry
- Human skills:
- autonomy, flexibility, good organization skills
- rigorousness, proactivity, synthetic mind, ability to perform team work
- good communication skills with various audiences
Preference will be given to pharmacist graduates with affinities or experience in the field of therapeutic chemistry
Main Research Field : Chemistry / Pharmacological Sciences
Required educational level: Master level in Master level in Pharmacological Sciences/Chemical engineering
Required Languages :
Fran ais : excellent
English : good
For more information, please contact Mr Franck Meyer (Phone: +32 2 650 51 96 E-mail: email@example.com)
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the rectorate of the Universit Libre de Bruxelles (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and to the faculty deanship ( Doyen.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.).
They must include the following :
- a motivation letter
- a Curriculum vitae including a list of publications :
- if you want you can complete a standard form via our website at https://www.ulb.be/fr/documents-officiels/completer-votre-cv-en-ligne . Once completed, it must be downloaded and attached to the application file.
- a note on the applicant s PhD research project (4 pages)
- two letters of reference
Equal opportunities policy
ULB's personnel management policy is geared towards diversity and equal opportunities.
We recruit candidates on the basis of their skills, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, origin, nationality, beliefs, disability, etc.
Would you like to be provided with reasonable accommodation in the selection procedure because of a disability, disorder, or illness? Please contact Marie Botty, the person in charge of diversity aspects for the academic and scientific staff (email@example.com). Be assured of the confidentiality of this information.
More details on the ULB gender and diversity policy are available at https://www.ulb.be/en/about-ulb/gender-equality-at-ulb.
You will find all the regulations relating to research careers on our site at http://www.ulb.ac.be/emploi/academique.html.
Reference : 2023/S092
Application deadline : 31/05/2023
Start date: 01/10/2023