Post Doc position (40 h/week)
- UNIVERSITY OF INNSBRUCK
- 12 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs, Research Related, Research Associate, Research Assistants / Officers
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University of Innsbruck offers a diverse and exciting field of activity for employees with various educational and occupational backgrounds. The University of Innsbruck welcomes personnel diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity.
The Institute of Physical Chemistry is searching for a person to fill the open
Post Doc position (40 h/week)
Employment for the period of 12 months (extension possible); position to be filled at the earliest time slot
- Electro-catalyst characterization
- Design and conductance of electrochemical CO2 reduction reaction experiments
- Use of analytical tools to determine surface composition, nature of intermediates/products and electrolyte composition
- Cooperation and supervision of master and Ph.D. students
- Project administration, report writing and representation
- Finished doctoral degree in Physical Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Physics or Materials Science
- Advanced knowledge of electrochemical processes and a good understanding of analytical techniques (IR, MS, XPS)
- Autonomous and responsible working practice, high motivation
- Ability to work in a team
- Advanced skills in written/spoken English
This postdoc position in the frame of the FFG Flagship Project "direct Carbon Capture and Electrolysis" (directCCE) focuses on synergizing the capture and electrocatalytic conversion of CO2 from a cement flue gas stream. The goal is to develop, characterize and improve new catalysts for the use in an electrochemical cell to reduce CO2 to valuable chemicals or fuels. The position combines fundamental research in terms of characterization and development of new catalysts and industry-driven requirements/insights for the implementation and realization of CO2 electrolyzer cells.
The description associated with this job duties and requirements can be found at:
The minimum gross salary (stipulated by collective agreement) for this position amounts to 4351,90 per month (14 times). The salary might be higher if you have worked in a similar position before. Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
If you are interested, please send your application to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your application by 31.03.2023.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore particularly welcomes applications from qualified women. This applies particularly to managerial as well scientific positions. In the case of female under-representation, women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws, qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs.
Apply for Post Doc position (40 h/week)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly