IT Desktop Analyst
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £25,948 - £30,619 (Plus London Weighting Allowance £4,460)
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary per annum £25,948 - £30,619 (Plus London Weighting Allowance £4,460)
Full time: 35 Hours per week
THE POST – IT Desktop Analyst
We are seeking applications from individuals to join the Information Services IT dept. The post is based at our London Campus
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Customer focused individual with ITand digital media technical skills.
- Experience working as part of a team in a technical role.
- Proficient skills relating to Windows, M365 apps and Audio-Visual Equipment.
- Experience using phone, email, messaging apps to support customers.
- Experience in use of Service Management systems and ticket resolution.
- Desirable - High level of information security awareness and understanding.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further Information, including details of how to apply are available on our website.
Closing Date: 28th March 2023
Interview Date: W/C 10th April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.