- EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- The expected salary upon hire is $65,785.
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Heads of department / Chairs of department, Other Senior Management, Academic Posts, Lecturers / Assistant Professors, Professional Services, Health & Medical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWU’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washington’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building and at Riverpoint, a campus shared with Washington State University. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Tribal Land Acknowledgement
Eastern Washington University resides within the traditional homelands of the Spokane People and other tribes who are connected through their shared history of this region. This land holds their cultural DNA and it is their Ancestors who are here and bring forth the knowledge of this place—the knowledge that comes from the land.
The College of Health Science and Public Health and Eastern Washington University invites applications for a full-time lecturer in the Dental Hygiene program at Eastern Washington University to start August 16, 2023. This is a full-time, 9-month per year special faculty appointment, based at the EWU Spokane Campus in Spokane Washington. This position includes didactic and clinical teaching.
The Department of Dental Hygiene is housed in the College of Health Science and Public Health (CHSPH). The department offers the only Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene in the state of Washington and also offers fully online Bachelor of Science degree programs in Dental Hygiene Degree Completion and Health Science. The college and department prepare students to help meet the growing market demand in the critical fields of health care and education. The College is home to several nationally accredited undergraduate and graduate programs with an increased focus on inter-professional education (IPE). As a premier college serving the educational needs of the health care practitioners, CHSPH includes nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, communication sciences and disorders, public health and health administration, wellness and movement sciences, dental hygiene, and Regional Initiatives in Dental Education (RIDE).
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university where all faculty demonstrate teaching excellence, professional growth, and service to the university, profession, and the community. Responsibilities in this position include teaching students and mentoring of clinical and lab faculty. Lecturers follow all guidance from the collective bargaining agreement regarding their position. Teaching is the main responsibility. Additionally, all faculty are expected to engage in effective teaching and assessment of learning outcomes.
On top of salary, the university offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses. For additional information regarding insurance benefits please see our Benefits page: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/benefits/insurance/.
- Master’s of Science in Dental Hygiene or related field.
- Washington State Dental Hygiene or Dental (dentist) licensure with restorative endorsement or ability to obtain licensure by date of appointment (8/16/2023).
- Minimum two years clinical experience within the past five years (clinical practice or clinical faculty).
- Experience with technology such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Electronic Health Records (EHR) and learning management systems (LMS) such as Canvas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience in course design and curriculum development.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Experience in evaluating student learning, managing course activities, and mentoring students.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Earned Doctorate.
- Knowledge of the accreditation process.
- Experience in restorative dentistry.
- Experience in teaching hybrid courses.
- Demonstrate potential for scholarship.
Other Skills and Abilities:
% of Time: 100
Responsibility / Duty: Typical workload for this position will involve approximately 30 credits per academic year, subject to departmental needs. This position includes didactic and clinical teaching. Responsibilities in this position include teaching students and mentoring of clinical and lab faculty.
Teaching also includes the following additional responsibilities as defined in the faculty CBA:
- Meet all scheduled classes
- Plan, organize and inform students of course content, texts, readings, assignments, attendance expectations and methods of evaluation including grading scales
- Schedule and attend office hours
- Turn in grades according to established deadlines
- Advise students who are declared majors on department, college, and University requirements and career opportunities.
Additionally, all faculty are expected to engage in effective teaching and assessment of learning outcomes.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
Conditions of Employment:
To be considered eligible for appointment into the position, applicants must be available and able to start in the position no later than 8/16/2023.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Upon hire you must complete required DEI, Hazing, and Harassment and Title IX training, and any other federal, state and university mandated trainings.You can access the online training at https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/orientation/or complete the training in person or via Zoom. In person and Zoom training opportunities will be posted on InsideEWU and are listed on Human Resources’ https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/.
Salary Information: The expected salary upon hire is $65,785.
Posting Date: 03/09/2023
Open Until Further Notice: Yes
Screening to Begin: 04/10/2023
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/10269
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency