Full-time Research and Teaching Position in Population and Development Sciences
- UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES
- Brussels, Belgium
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Economics & Econometrics, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies, Sociology
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An assistant position mainly involves teaching and research.
At the time of recruitment, the teaching load will include:
- SOCAD492 - Methodological seminar for the preparation of the Master's dissertation
- SOCAD538 - Methodological seminar to support the elaboration of the Master's dissertation
- SOCA D 469 - Methodology of research in Development studies and preparation of the dissertation: guidance of student assignments.
These seminars are taught in French.
The candidate must have a very good knowledge of the social sciences literature on development, as well as of research approaches in Development studies. The position also assumes teaching skills so as to supervise student work.
Teaching tasks may change over time. The assistants are placed under the authority of the President of their Department as regards their teaching duties.
As for research, the candidate must submit a doctoral thesis project and will work on this project so as to submit a PhD.
Work experience in at least one developing country will be appreciated.
The assistant will also supervise two exams per session (in January, June and August) and will represent the ULB at events promoting social sciences curricula for the equivalent of half a day (4h) per year. He / She must therefore develop a good command of the curricula of the department of Social sciences and Labour sciences and be able to present them to the public.
Main Research Field : Social sciences
Sub Research Field : Development studies
Required educational level: Master level in Development studies, or Anthropology, or Sociology.
Required Languages :
Fran ais : excellent
English : excellent
For more information, please contact Ms Laurence ROUDART (Phone: +32 2 650 48 20 E-mail: Laurence.firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the rectorate of the Universit Libre de Bruxelles (email@example.com) and to the faculty deanship (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
They must include the following :
- a motivation letter
- a Curriculum vitae including a list of publications :
- if you want you can complete a standard form via our website at https://www.ulb.be/fr/documents-officiels/completer-votre-cv-en-ligne . Once completed, it must be downloaded and attached to the application file.
- a note on the applicant s PhD research project (4 pages)
- two letters of reference
Equal opportunities policy
ULB's personnel management policy is geared towards diversity and equal opportunities.
We recruit candidates on the basis of their skills, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, origin, nationality, beliefs, disability, etc.
Would you like to be provided with reasonable accommodation in the selection procedure because of a disability, disorder, or illness? Please contact Marie Botty, the person in charge of diversity aspects for the academic and scientific staff (email@example.com). Be assured of the confidentiality of this information.
More details on the ULB gender and diversity policy are available at https://www.ulb.be/en/about-ulb/gender-equality-at-ulb.
You will find all the regulations relating to research careers on our site at http://www.ulb.ac.be/emploi/academique.html.
Reference : 2023/S049
Application deadline : 10/03/2023
Start date: 01/10/2023