Full Time Research and Teaching Assistant Position in Political Science - Faculty of Philosophy and
- UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES
- Brussels, Belgium
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Reference : 2023/S052
Application deadline: 15/04/2023
Start date : 01/10/2023Job Description
The Faculty of Philosophy and social sciences at the ULB seeks to recruit a full-time teaching assistant in political science. The qualified candidate will be in charge of teaching and supervising students in its Bachelor and masters programmes (see https://phisoc.ulb.be/version-anglaise/the-faculty/department-of-political-science).
Besides, the qualified candidate will be required to carry out a PhD dissertation. To do so, they will have to demonstrate an ability to conduct excellent research. This competence will be evaluated based on the research project submitted with the application, but also on their master thesis and their academic background.
A teaching assistant position is granted for 2 years, renewable twice. The main goals of the position are to assume teaching tasks and to finalize a PhD dissertation, the teaching and research tasks being balanced.Qualifications required
Master (120 credits) in political science or equivalent and/or meeting the conditions to register to the PhD programme.
The qualified candidate will conduct a PhD dissertation and participate to research activities in one of the Faculty s research units related to the department of political science (CTP, CEVIPOL, REPI, CEPAP see https://phisoc.ulb.be/version-anglaise/research-centers).
They will assume teaching tasks in the various sub-fields in political science (political theory, comparative politics, political sociology, international relations, methods) as well as general duties (supervision and grading of exams, stands at study fairs, etc.). competences and interest for pedagogy will be positively evaluated.
The qualified candidate will be able to assume their teaching tasks in French or English.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Mastering of the main concepts, approaches and methods in political science, evaluated based on academic background;
- Ability to conduct research and writing skills, evaluated based on the PhD research project and the master thesis;
- Pedagogical and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of French and English;
- Ability to work in a team.
The teaching tasks will be established by the pedagogical coordination of the department. They will include the supervision of exercise groups, seminars, or grading of exams. A typical TA position includes 4 teaching duties per academic year.
For more information, please contact Mr Julien Jeandesboz, Chair of the Department of political science (telephone: +32 2 650 33 84 E-mail: email@example.com ).
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the rectorate of the Universit Libre de Bruxelles (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the faculty deanship (email@example.com ).
They must include the following :
- a motivation letter
- a Curriculum vitae including a list of publications :
- if you want you can complete a standard form via our website at https://www.ulb.be/fr/documents-officiels/completer-votre-cv-en-ligne. Once completed, it must be downloaded and attached to the application file.
- a note on the applicant s PhD research project (4 pages), laid out as follows: Arial 12, single spacing, with the following sections: goals of the research, state of the art, research project, work plan, references (FNRS application format, if applicable).
- two letters of reference
Equal opportunities policy
ULB's personnel management policy is geared towards diversity and equal opportunities.
We recruit candidates on the basis of their skills, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, origin, nationality, beliefs, disability, etc.
Would you like to be provided with reasonable accommodation in the selection procedure because of a disability, disorder, or illness? Please contact Marie Botty, the person in charge of diversity aspects for the academic and scientific staff (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be assured of the confidentiality of this information.
More details on the ULB gender and diversity policy are available at https://www.ulb.be/en/about-ulb/gender-equality-at-ulb.
You will find all the regulations relating to research careers on our site at http://www.ulb.ac.be/emploi/academique.html.