Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Aerospace and Robotics
- Brisbane, Australia
- $AUD123,419 to $AUD146,575 pa
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Who are we looking for?
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Aerospace and Robotics) to join School of Electrical Engineering and Robotics, Faculty of Engineering, Academic Division.
This position is open to women applicants only. The filling of this position is intended to promote equal opportunity for women in STEMM by improving the under-representation of women and constitutes a special/equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld). We are seeking an academic with a passion for aerospace, mechatronics and control with experience in fundamental or applied research, a good record of publishing and funding success relative to their career stage, and an interest in working within QUT’s Centre for Robotics’s Decision and Control research program. The role will also contribute to teaching, and innovation in teaching in the aerospace, mechatronics and control areas of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Real world impact
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
The School of Electrical Engineering and Robotics plays a significant role in almost every aspect of a modern lifestyle, supplying the energy and intelligence for the technology that helps us to manage and understand the world around us.
We work to ensure safe, affordable and environmentally responsible supply and consumption of electricity. We make sense of the world’s data streaming in from cameras, devices, and sensors.
Our expertise in Power Engineering, Renewable Energy Systems, Robotics, AI/Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Signal Processing allows us to develop systems to automatically interpret the world, its people and their activities from diverse visual and audio sources.
We create cutting edge robotic systems that interact with the real world, operating autonomously in our natural and built environments to benefit industries such as power, health, transport, manufacturing, mining and agriculture.
We are committed to the education of Electrical Engineers both as undergraduates and postgraduates, and work with partner Schools to deliver leading edge Renewable Power. AI/Robotics, Mechatronic, Software and Aerospace Engineering education.
What you need to succeed
You will thrive in this role as an experienced and dynamic academic with a passion for innovative research and teaching, which prepares students for the real-world.
You will demonstrate:
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in aerospace, control or closely related field of engineering. Completion of an undergraduate engineering qualification in closely related field of engineering.
- Accomplished or demonstrated leadership of research initiatives, appropriate to your career stage, including track record of successfully obtaining grants, publishing in top tier conferences and journals, and engagement with industry.
- Synergy with the School’s and Faculty’s existing research areas including the Centre for Robotics’ Decision and Control research program.
- Demonstrated ability in teaching and learning, including scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning and the successful supervision of higher degree research students.
- Proven ability to contribute to a high performance and collaborative culture.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring and challenging. It's a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real world difference, no matter what the area of expertise.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development
- Salary Packaging
Explore Life at QUT
Reference number: 23211
Term: Ongoing, full-time basis, Gardens Point campus
Remuneration: LEVB: $AUD123,419 to $AUD146,575 pa (inclusive of $AUD104,290 to $AUD123,858 pa, 17% superannuation and leave loading) LEVC: $AUD151,195 to $AUD174,359 pa (inclusive of $AUD127,762 to $AUD147,336 pa, 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Gardens Point
Job opens: 09-Mar-2023
Applications Close: 21-Apr-2023 at 11:30 pm
Open to: This position is open to women applicants only. The filling of this position is intended to promote equal opportunity for women in STEMM by improving the under-representation of women and constitutes a special/equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
At QUT, our values reflect what we believe in, and what is important to us as an organisation. They capture our strengths, our distinctiveness and sit alongside the priorities outlined in our QUT Connections, and guide our decisions and actions.
QUT aims to inspire and shape the future with talented students and staff from diverse communities, united by our core values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, Innovation and Academic freedom.
If you’re curious, innovative, and ready to experience what a career at QUT can offer, we’re ready to meet you. You can find out more about this role and how to apply by clicking ‘Apply’ or the link below.