Research Fellow (K and S)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Researchers at NUS IORA are working in collaboration with an MNC in the semiconductors industry to use data science and analytics to optimize and streamline their assembly line. We are looking for a full-time Researcher to join our team.
You will be working alongside a team of data scientists in:
- Liaising with the client to come up with use cases where the use of data science can help them streamline their production line and make decisions.
- Work hand in hand with the domain knowledge experts from the client side to understand the data and make sense of the analysis being conducted and the results obtained
- Setting the path forward, lead the team of data scientists and guide the client in using data science to solve the use cases.
- Doing exploratory, predictive and prescriptive analysis of structured data to solve use cases for the client
- Transform unstructured data into structured data by building upon or improving the existing data infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Presenting results of analysis and use cases in a way that can that can be useful for client, to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Good undergraduate or graduate degree in a quantitative or scientific field, i.e. STEM background
- Comfortable scripting in and performing data analysis in Python or R, and Unix-based systems.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in conducting statistical analysis (regression, analysis of variance, etc.), text analytics/mining and machine learning (anomaly detection, gradient boosted decision tree, etc.).
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, working with different data architectures and data sets, and in using SQL.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working with companies in client facing roles.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience managing teams doing analytical work or data science.
A plus to have:
- Good at taking initiative
- Comfortable explaining his/her ideas and results to both a technical and non-technical audience
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.