Research Assistant, Mechanobiology Institute
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to develop new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration, and function.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Research Assistant in the research group of Dr. Huang Zhongwei (clinician-scientist) and Prof. Rong Li at the Mechanobiology Institute, NUS to embark on an interdisciplinary project aimed at understanding the mechanical and biochemical signaling regulating mammalian ovarian follicular development, with implications on female reproductive ageing and longevity.
Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of cell and molecular biology, and posses the relevant skills including, preferably, prior experience working with mouse models. The successful candidate will have opportunities to work closely with talented and motivated senior research fellows and interdisciplinary PIs to manage the technical and administrative aspects of procurement, maintenance of lab inventory, mouse work and experiments.
- Degree in life sciences or biomedical disciplines
- At least 1 year of experience working in a research lab (including Final Year Hons./ Undergraduate project)
- Experience in cell/ tissue culture and molecular biology
- Experience in mouse handling, husbandry and animal experiments
- Basic skills in microscopy and image analysis (Image J and/ or Matlab)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary research environment
Interested applicants should send their resumes to Dr. Haiyang Wang at email@example.com.
Please attach your full CV with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of two referees. Locals (Singaporean/ PR) are highly encouraged to apply.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18204