Manager, Student Life (HEO 8)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Adelaide, Australia
- $104,143 to $117,307 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Based in the Student Engagement Unit at the City West campus
- Full-time (1.0 FTE), continuing position
- Salary range: $104,143 to $117,307 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Reporting to the Director: Student Engagement Unit, you will provide high level strategic advice on the implementation of inspiring and engaging co-curricular student activities across the University which contribute to the profile, reputation, and success of the University of South Australia locally, nationally and internationally. You will work with key stakeholders across the University to lead the planning, development, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of projects, programs, services and activities that deliver an outstanding student experience.
About Academic Services
The Academic Services Portfolio provides leadership in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the University’s service provision in student administration and support; student engagement, experience and equity activities; and international student recruitment, engagement and experience activities.
The Academic Services Portfolio includes:
- Student Engagement Unit (SEU)
- Student and Academic Services Unit (SAS)
- UniSA International (UI)
- Regional campuses and hubs
- Student Ombudsman
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, implement and manage projects to achieve the University’s strategic student experience objectives
- Develop project frameworks and content, executing and managing projects, reporting to senior management, and post-project evaluation
- Contribute to the management and direction of the Student Engagement Unit
- Implement a robust continuous improvement framework that will improve Student Life service delivery quality
- Identify opportunities and drive improvements to implement change and consistently improve the student experience
- Design, implement, market, and manage a range of integrated University-wide Student Life services, events and activations, and campaigns
- Provide leadership and oversight of:
- Student Engagement Unit’s orientation and transition activities for students
- Student Leadership Program and associated budget
- Student Engagement Events and Communications team
- UniSA+ student recognition award to recognise co-curricular student achievement and engagement
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a relevant field, preferably within Higher Education
- Demonstrated experience in the development, management, and implementation of large projects aligned to organisational goals and objectives
- Highly developed interpersonal skills appropriate to network and build constructive relationships both internally and externally to the University
- Significant experience in exercising judgement and initiative and providing strategic options and advice to senior staff
- Excellent record of achievement in leading, coordinating and integrating client focused service delivery across multi-functional teams and units
- Demonstrated ability to apply an end user-focussed, research-based, best practice approach for the design, development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of organisation-wide or community-based programs and initiatives
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Alex Koszegi, Senior Consultant: Talent Sourcing. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5018.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Tuesday 4 April 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.