Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Open Rank Faculty - Industrial and Systems Engineering
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, which is an academic unit within the College of Engineering, offers four degree programs; B.Sc. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, M.Sc. in Engineering Systems and Management, M.Eng. in Health, Safety and the Environment, in addition to the Ph.D. degree. A new graduate program in Healthcare delivery systems is being developed as well.The Department undertakes cutting-edge research and educates students in areas such as Energy and Sustainability, Supply Chain and Logistics, Operations Research and Analytics, Manufacturing Systems, Healthcare Engineering Management, System/Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, and Econometrics. The Department is also home to Research Center on Digital Supply Chain and Operations Management; for more information on the center please visit https://www.ku.ac.ae/dsom.
Detailed information can be found at: https://www.ku.ac.ae/academics/college-of-engineering/department/department-of-industrial-and-systems-engineering#about
The Department is particularly interested in motivated candidates (open rank) with expertise in one or more of the following areas: operations research analytics, logistics and transportation, quality and reliability engineering, production systems and automation sciences, occupational safety and ergonomics, smart buildings and cities, and econometrics.
Successful candidates are expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain active research programs that lead to peer-reviewed publications in high-impact professional journals, and provide service to the department, the university, and the profession.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate in related discipline from an accredited institution is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with education from and/or previous service in pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Assistant Professor - Minimum of 3 years’ experience relevant to the position and proven research potential.
- Associate Professor -Minimum of 8 years teaching experience or postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor -Minimum of 10 years teaching and postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate Professor and have demonstrated high standards in teaching, advising, and research.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates