Post Doctoral Fellow, Social Science
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Social Science Postdoc is responsible to lead the social science component of the project including, but not limited to, training and managing fieldworkers and analysis/publication of data and to provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a large, interdisciplinary research team which is charged with delivering the Abu Dhabi Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (AD-PRAMS)
- Provide leadership within a research team as well as high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Contribute to the analysis of the collected data, as well as ongoing quantitative and qualitative evaluation of the data and questionnaire
- Work with the project team to communicate the research progress and findings to key local stakeholders
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results.
- Support interviews and team selection of job applicants as requested, respond to work issues, prepare documentation and improvement plans for any deficiencies.
- Support epidemiologic investigations
- Conduct collaborative program evaluation with Academic and Research leadership
- Recommend evidence-based interventions and control measures in response to epidemiologic findings.
- Ensure that epidemiologic data is collected through laboratory audit and medical record review in multiple health systems as directed.
- Support and manage the surveillance and study data in databases derived from our field and data curation teams
- Work with the research team to ensure data in software packages such as SPSS, STATA SAS or R with the research team are available to statisticians and other team members.
- Support data management, reports, and presentations for external partners, as well as for internal use.
- Liaison as directed with partnered medical facilities
- Support hiring, training, coaching, with Academic and Research leadership
- Act as the ‘focal point’ for day-to-day queries and issues for fieldworkers
- Work with fieldworkers and data curation team to ensure compliance with the project protocol.
- Perform assigned responsibilities as directed.
- Ensures adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensures coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Study Leadership (CoPIs) and the line managers.
- Supports periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Responsible for training, monitoring and evaluating a small team of fieldworkers (interviewers)
Qualifications & Experience
- Doctoral qualification in social science/public health/epidemiology
- Language competency in English and (Gulf) Arabic.
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in working with various stakeholders, physicians, and the public or private entities
- Proficient in using statistical software s packages such as SPSS, STATA, SAS or R
- Two (2) or more years in survey methods
- Strong track record in interviewing (including techniques, training etc)
- Database management skills
- SPSS, STATA, SAS and/or R experience in Epidemiology or health department experience
- Familiarity or experience with CAPI software (e.g. REDCAP)
- Regional, national or international experience in epidemiology
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, improving healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate to the requirements.
- Experience of managing a varied team with different specialities and skill sets
- Familiarity or experience with healthcare research programs in the Middle East.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time