Research Fellow (Metal Oxide TFT and Biosensors Fabrication)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Prof Aaron Thean’s lab in ECE Department of National University of Singapore is looking for a Research Fellow to support project related to metal oxide TFT as well as biosensors fabrication.
The selected candidate is expected to:
- Optimize the fabrication technology for TFT based on metal oxide materials (ZnO, IGZO, SnO)
- Have knowledge in engineering and chemistry to design, develop, and test sensor devices (i.e., human wearable biomarker sensor, environmental sensors for water and gas quality monitoring etc.), as well as to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of the materials or device and understand their working principles.
- Have knowledge in surface functionalization process and experience in coating optimization for sensors.
- Develop fabrication processes using sputtering, electron-beam deposition, electron beam lithography, photolithography, dry and wet etching
- Characterize materials and nanodevices using XRD, SEM, TEM, AFM, XPS, Raman spectroscopy, electrical parameter analysers
Interested applicants should send their motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and publication list via email to Dr Evgeny Zamburg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms Hephzibah (email@example.com).
- Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering, from a recognised University/Institute.
- Experience in clean room nanofabrication and characterisation processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication especially in writing and presentation skills.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with various stakeholders.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meet tight deadlines
- Open to fixed term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID:17413