Assistant Professor / Associate Professor, Practice Track (Materials Science and Engineering)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Want to rub shoulders with our Nobel laureates and help build the best Materials Science and Engineering curriculum experience for the next generation leaders? Join us to be part of our world-class academic team at National University of Singapore (NUS) in the Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) department.
We are ranked 1st in Asia for Employer Reputation in the QS World University Rankings (Materials Science 2022). To further improve both the educational experience of our students and the degree of industrial engagement, the Materials Science and Engineering department is seeking qualified candidates for Practice Track Assistant / Associate Professors.
Salaries are globally competitive and commensurate with experience. International appointments also qualify for highly subsidized housing as well as generous relocation expenses. Successful candidates will also have the resources to engage in applied research and participate in international conferences.
- Facilitate and conduct all teaching assignments at both Bachelors and Masters levels; both face-to-face and virtual delivery.
- Develop & teach MSE-centric professional courses by integrating entrepreneurship, innovation, product design/development and soft-skills training that enhance employability and competitiveness of MSE graduates
- Implement modern pedagogies to teach undergraduate and postgraduate project-based courses e.g. design projects and innovation & translational research projects in MSE
- Mentor students on both academic and non-academic matters
- Work with outreach efforts in raising awareness of the impact of MSE as a top degree and career choice through engagements with local high schools and junior colleges
- Reach out to industry and companies and secure partnerships relevant to MSE vision of leadership in MSE in Singapore and globally
- Obtain translational research grants
Singapore is a multicultural city of six million that is known for its high quality of life and sits at the heart of a vibrant region. NUS achieve excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement.
Interested applicants should upload their complete CV, names and affiliations, as well as contact information of at least three references. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- A degree, preferably a PhD, in Materials Science & Engineering or a related discipline, or n A PhD in Materials Science & Engineering.
- At least 5 years of industrial experience, preferably in an entrepreneur role
- A track record in innovation and translational research.
- Genuine interest in student learning and engagement and be keen to work with flipped classroom methods, team-based learning, and assessment for learning
- Has the commitment to preparing MSE@NUS graduates for Industry 4.0.
- Teaching experience including planning, conducting, assessing, and evaluating courses is an advantage
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17349