Research Engineer (Air Conditioning System Design)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The SinBerBEST (SBB) program’s phase-2 has an opening for a research engineer who will conduct research, as well as develop and deploy new generation modeling tools for building air conditioning system design and operation based on the Modelica, EnergyPlus, TRNSYS, HVACSIM+, FMI standards etc. SBB works closely with industry to develop technologies for buildings that increase energy efficiency, and improve the comfort, health, and safety of building occupants. The research engineer immediate tasks will be to contribute to research, development and implementation of an AI-enabled ACMV/HVAC & AHU controls for buildings. The candidate would also be working on non-conventional air conditioning approaches for Singapore. The candidate is also expected to contribute to research on model-based district cooling analysis, design and optimization.
We seek motivated candidates who are able to show a proven excellent academic records in relevant fields, and are ready to thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary research team. The successful candidate should develop and implement AI-enabled prognostic model for ACMV/HVAC & AHU system in buildings. The candidate is also expected to be self-motivated, able to conduct experiments alone or in group. The candidate should also assist in drafting research proposals and help managing the research funds and deliverables.
- The candidate is required to perform analytical studies on the design and development of ACMV/HVAC & AHU for demonstrating energy efficiency and improve the comfort, health, and safety of occupants in buildings.
- Candidate should be able to understanding and safely implement various fault scenarios in ACMV/HVAC & AHU testbeds and simulation environments and study the fault detection methods at the component and as well as at systems level.
- Candidate should assist the team for publishing research papers in high-impact journals and producing invention disclosures.
- Must be able to work with a team, with governmental agencies and collaborators with respect to the research.
- Must be able to draft research proposals, assist the PI in applying for research grants, and manage the research funds.
- Degree/master’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering
- Able to design, analyse and perform experiments on ACMV/HVAC & AHU system at testbed and simulation environments.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, preferably Modelica, R, Python, C etc.,
- Familiarity with tools such as EnergyPlus, TRNSYS, HVACSIM+ would be a distinguishing factor
- Able to develop Graphical user interface
- Capable of working on multiple tasks and projects
- Familiar with AI/Machine learning and data analyticsOpen to fixed-term contract.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17375