Research Engineer (R&D - Solar Cell / PECVD Process)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Fabrication of large-area high efficiency (>26%) monocrystalline silicon wafer solar cells.
- Research focusing on the following:
- Fabricate high efficiency silicon heterojunction, passivated contact and/or silicon/perovskite tandem solar cells
- Perform design-of-experiments (DOE) to obtain optimised processes for a-Si, poly-Si, metal oxides using PECVD / LPCVD / ALD equipment
- Develop and/or optimize dielectric coatings and TCO films for optimal optics, surface passivation and low resistive contacts
- Design optimum grid patterns for screen printed metallisation
- Effectively contribute to project team(s) for solar cell efficiency improvements
- Effectively plan & communicate ideas and results to the team and assist in developing new processes and improving existing processes
- Carry out processes for high-efficiency silicon wafer solar cells involving operation of tools such as: PECVD, ALD, sputtering, evaporation, wet-chemical tools, tube furnaces, versatile laser tool, screen-printing and curing/firing furnace.
- Assist the group with processing and characterisation services for various company-funded and public-funded projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences with specialization in Silicon Photovoltaics or Microelectronics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in silicon wafer or perovskite solar cell fabrication and metrology or other relevant experience with silicon and/or perovskite device fabrication.
- Researchers with prior experience in development of large-area silicon wafer solar cells and/or large-area perovskite-based solar cells will be preferred. Experience with silicon heterojunction, passivated contact and silicon/perovskite tandem technologies is an added advantage.
- Required to work in semiconductor cleanroom and characterisation lab.
- Expertise in DOE software, AutoCAD or relevant grid design tools.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication (in English).
- Excellent presentation skills and customer service / client management skills required.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be experienced with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17372