Senior Lecturer, Periodontics
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $128,152.00 – $147,413.00 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 07 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the next growth phase of UWA Dental School
- Level C, full-time, tenurable appointment
- Base salary range: $128,152.00 – $147,413.00 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) is a centre within The University of Western Australia. The Centre is the primary focus for oral health education, research and specialist care delivery in Western Australia. It treats over 15,000 patients a year and delivers a range of clinical training programs. The appointee will be responsible to the Dean and Head of School/Director OHCWA.
The School of Dentistry aims “To be recognised internationally as a contemporary, progressive, innovative and vibrant centre of excellence in dentistry”, and “To achieve excellence in dental education, research and oral health care to benefit of our local community and the advancement of dentistry globally”. The School’s motto is “to pursue the impossible while achieving excellence”.
About the opportunity
The successful applicant will be responsible for the clinical and didactic teaching of Periodontics and Oral Implantology within the School’s educational programs (such as the DMD and DCD), as well as providing clinical service in Periodontics and Oral Implantology.
The University is seeking an individual who can demonstrate their achievements in Periodontics and Oral Implantology, and who can provide high-level input into the School's educational programs.
The appointment offers a unique opportunity for a dental academic to develop innovative learning opportunities for all levels of students. The successful candidate will be expected to lead graduate (DMD, DCD) students, teach Periodontics and Oral Implantology, and contribute to the supervision of the (DMD) students in collaboration with other hospitals/centres. In line with the level of appointment, more senior responsibilities and leadership will be expected.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Dental qualification recognised by the AD; the successful candidate must be fully licensed (ADC) within 3 years. with the Dental Board of Australia within a 3-year period
- Evidence of high-level clinical capabilities, and leadership
- Demonstrated excellence and leadership in dental research. Evidence could include major highly cited peer-reviewed publications, national/international reputation for excellence in research and/or graduated research higher degree students developing into major academic roles or other similar evidence
- PhD qualification
- Peer recognition in the form of membership or fellowship of international academies and/or colleges, and/or invited presentations at international, national and/or local meetings
- Initiate the development of new material and deliver high-quality undergraduate courses. High-level supervision of administration, with program coordination in a dental school setting
- A history of involvement with the dental profession at high levels, within professional associations/societies and/or academies
- Experience with a range of learning modes, including flexible delivery or student-centred modes
Note: Travel between clinical facilities and interstate travel may be required
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Senior Lecturer (Periodontics) 513854.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Friday, 7 April 2023
This position is open to international applicants
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.