Future Students Officer
- SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- Melbourne, Australia
- HEW 5 salary + 17% superannuation
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Future student relationship role within Swinburne University
- Fulltime, fixed term (12-month) position at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 5 salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Future Student’s Officer has become open within the Marketing and Student Recruitment team at Swinburne University of Technology!
The Future Students Officer will be responsible for handling prospective student enquiries within the agreed timeframe with the aim of recruiting them to a Swinburne program. This will be done through the involvement in various recruitment events and providing one to one course counselling sessions. In this role, it is expected that the Future Students Officer will act as the main contact point to resolving future student questions and issues, and also be able to build and maintain effective relationships with prospective students and other part of the organisation.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Demonstrated experience in solutions selling and proven ability to meet sales targets
- Experience in delivering high level customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- High level written and oral communication skills, including excellent public speaking ability
- Superior time management skills, and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience or completion of an associate diploma and subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and /or educational training
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position. To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com.
Applications Close: Sunday 26 March 2023, 11.00pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant. (#LI-SW)