Academic Program Director, Experiential Learning
7 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- Melbourne, Australia
- $135,032 – $179,123 p.a. plus 17% super
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 3 years
Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics
- Level C – $135,032 – $155,698 p.a. plus 17% super; or
- Level D – $162,590 – $179,123 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Faculty of Business and Economics
The Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Melbourne has been preparing students for exciting and challenging careers in industry since 1924. We have developed an outstanding reputation, locally and internationally, for the quality of our teaching and research. The Faculty has an active board of business leaders, government representatives and community leaders who contribute to the implementation of our vision.
About the Role
The Academic Program Director (Experiential Learning) will support the Associate Dean Teaching and Learning in planning, developing and implementing the Faculty’s Experiential Learning strategy. This includes: leading the design, delivery and management of for-credit subjects and academic programs; supporting departments and individual teaching academics to develop and integrate authentic practice activities and experiential learning elements within subjects; working collaboratively with the Faculty’s Student Experience and Experiential Learning Team to deliver a complementary co-curricular program of existing and new initiatives in student employability to maximize student engagement in learning, career readiness and related educational outcomes; and contribute to establishing the Faculty’s reputation as a leader in experiential learning research and practice.
- Contributing to the design, development and delivery of online and face-to-face experiential and work-integrated learning activities
- Publishing in high quality scholarly outlets
- Actively contributing to the strategic planning and operational imperatives for expanding experiential learning opportunities for our students
You are experienced in the management of subjects involving industry placements, practicums, live case studies, applied simulations and other experiential learning activities and the design of authentic assessment activities aligned with learning outcomes. You have a strong focus on enhancing student engagement with experiential learning, with knowledge on how best to support student learning and engagement for a diverse cohort of students across both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Your strong interpersonal skills enable you to lead and manage a multidisciplinary team with diverse and complex responsibilities, and collaborate with colleagues to deliver the strategic and operational teaching and learning objectives of the faculty. You have experience in the initiation and oversight of project implementation, and are able to attract research grants and sponsorship for the program.
You will also have:
- A doctoral-level qualification in a Business and Economics discipline.
- Evidence of a track record of scholarly research and publication in business and economics education, preferably in experiential, authentic and/or work-integrated learning at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
- A demonstrated track record of leading the establishment and development of new innovative education programs in the higher education environment, including curriculum development, authentic learning, quality assurance and learning design for different modes of delivery.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications close: 02 Apr 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Position description: 0056977_Academic Program Director (Experiential Learning)_PD.pdf