Programme Leader (Diploma in Fine Arts)
- LASALLE COLLEGE OF THE ARTS
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
LASALLE College of the Arts is Asia’s leading contemporary arts and design institution with 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in arts and design. LASALLE provides a nurturing, interdisciplinary learning environment to inspire the next generation of forward-looking, globally engaged artists, designers and leaders of creative industries. Its faculty comprises a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, whose practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. LASALLE is ranked within the top 151-200 institutions globally for art and design (QS World University Rankings 2022). LASALLE is part of the new University of the Arts Singapore which will open its doors for its first degree intake in 2024.
Programme Leader(Diploma in Fine Arts)
The McNally School of Fine Arts, which resides within the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries, seeks to appoint a Programme Leader for the Diploma in Fine Arts. Reporting to and working closely with the Head, McNally School of Fine Arts, you will be responsible for the academic leadership and management of the programme to achieve students’ learning outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will include overseeing the curriculum and its continuing development, the planning and co-ordination of classes and managing students’ projects and exhibitions relevant to the programme. You will ensure high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College. You will also manage the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists.
In addition to academic administration, you will also teach in the Diploma in Fine Arts, with opportunities to participate in other programmes in the McNally School of Fine Arts, the Faculty of Fine Arts, Media & Creative Industries, and LASALLE.
As Programme Leader, you will demonstrate a strong and active commitment to staff professional development, practice and research, with a growth mindset and a passion for enquiry. We encourage applications from individuals with an established professional practice and research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD or MFA level, with substantial professional practice in a relevant field.
- At least 10 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 5 years of full-time professional experience.
- Some experience of teaching fine artswithin a multicultural context, and an awareness of the fine arts scenes in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- At least 7 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff.
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Good pastoral care skills.
- A positive attitude to researchin fine arts and educational fields, and preferably a personal research profileand ability to mentor emerging researchers.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary, by e-mail to email@example.com or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director & Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street
Closing date is 31 March 2023 or until position is filled.
For information about the Diploma in Fine Arts, the McNally School of Fine Arts, and LASALLE, please visit:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.