Senior Lecturer, S R Nathan School of Human Development
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 09 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Singapore University of Social Sciences is a university that carries a social mission of inspiring lifelong education and transforming society through applied research in social sciences. At SUSS, we believe that education must serve a higher purpose, beyond degrees and professional competence, as we are committed to building human and social capital, in service to society and country. SUSS offers over 70 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular, and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners.
Applications are invited for an open-rank faculty position in the discipline of Human Resource Management (HRM) at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS). The HRM Programme at SUSS is a part of SR Nathan School of Human Development, and we are the only Program in Singapore that confers Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management. We are looking for someone who can help expand our current teaching provision and build our research environment.
The successful candidate will have (or be close to completing) a PhD from an internationally recognised university. The PhD should be in a discipline that is related to human resource Management, such as management, industrial-organisational psychology, industrial and labour relation, labour economics, applied sociology, management of information technology, and organisational behaviour. The faculty will be expected to teach in areas of human resource management and conduct research in applied social sciences. We are especially interested in receiving applications amongst those undertaking research on the future of work, technologization of work, the changing nature of employment relations, sustainable HRM and decent work.
We are specifically looking for an individual who has the practical skills, knowledge and experience to work with our students and associate faculty to expand their knowledge and skills. The faculty is also expected to work with an array of stakeholders to innovate teaching pedagogy, design and deliver courses for a hybrid mode of teaching.
- Experience of teaching at the undergraduate level
- Demonstrate a strong research pipeline targeting recognizable and reputable academic journals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of integrity
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, keep abreast of developments in their fields, think strategically, and be a role model to students
The following qualities are desirable:
- At least 3 years of work experience (including consultancy, training and teaching) in private or public sector human resource management or related fields
- Experiences in course design, collaborating with industry partners for teaching purpose, and adopting new technology in teaching
Preference will also be given to candidates who are able to teach in one or more of the following areas:
- HRM and technology, digital technology issues in HRM
- Workforce planning
- HR Analytics and Measurement
- Performance Management, Total Rewards
- Employment Law and Industrial Relations