Teaching Assistant (Social Work)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 09 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Other Academic
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Social Work Department, National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the position of Teaching Assistant for supporting the Social Work curriculum in its teaching development, feedback analysis and teaching support services.
The successful candidate will be part of the teaching and administrative team. The appointment is for a period of 1-2 years with the possibility of extension.
- Provide administrative support to teaching faculty and assist in the day to day running of the graduate programmes
- Prepare educational resources and course materials to support teaching faculty
- Evaluate module assessment components and teaching feedback scores
- Teach Social Work modules i.e. lectures and/or tutorials when required
- Any other duties as assigned by the Reporting Manager and / or Head of Department
- A Good Honours or in the Social Work Discipline with at least two years of practice experience
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, reading, and written skills, and be able to explain difficult concepts clearly.
- Be able to work well independently, and as a member of an interdisciplinary team with diverse interests and opinions.
- Strong interest in continued engagement with a variety of humanities and non-humanities disciplines, as well as pedagogical improvement.
- Strong ability to facilitate discussions for graduate students
Please send in your full application to CHRS Link by 30 May 2023.
Please send your enquiries to:
Ms Wendy Lim
Department of Social Work
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
National University of Singapore
Blk AS3, Level 4, 3 Arts Link
Tel: (65) 6516 4472
Fax: (65) 6778 1213
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Social Work
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19287