Research Fellow (Perovskite / Silicon Solar Cells)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 09 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Fabrication of large-area high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon wafer solar cells (>26%) and large-area perovskite-silicon tandem solar cells (>30%)
- Research focusing on the following:
- Conceptualization, design, development and fabrication of low-cost methods for tandem solar cells & modules with a specific focus on commercialisation.
- Developing commercially relevant intellectual property (IP) portfolio in the above topic
- Lead and contribute to project team(s) for solar cell efficiency improvements
- Lead and be involved in roadmap discussions and contribute to the design and development of new tools and processes
- Effectively plan & communicate ideas and results to the team and assist in developing new processes and improving existing processes
- Drive analysis and characterisation for complex industrial processes especially at an early stage of the commercialisation
- Fabricate high-efficiency silicon heterojunction and/or perovskite-silicon tandem solar cells
- Perform and assist with design-of-experiments (DOE) to obtain optimised processes on unit layers as well as integration of individual processes into suitable process flows for end-to-end solar cell fabrication
- Carry out processes for high-efficiency silicon wafer and tandem solar cells as needed involving operation of tools such as: ALD, PECVD, sputtering, evaporation, slot-die coating, wet-chemical tools, tube furnaces, laser tool, screen-printing, curing/firing furnace, etc.
- Assist the group with processing and characterisation services for various company-funded and public-funded projects.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences with specialization in Silicon Photovoltaics or Microelectronics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in silicon wafer or perovskite solar cell fabrication and metrology, or other relevant silicon or perovskite device fabrication experience.
- Researchers with prior experience in both silicon and perovskite solar cells is highly preferred. Experience with development of large-area silicon wafer or large-area perovskite solar cells is a plus.
- Expertise in relevant software for DOE, data analysis, AutoCAD, grid design, layer/solar cell modelling is highly preferred.
- Must be target/KPI-driven and well organized
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance and reporting required
- Must be able to independently plan, initiate/execute and report on research activities. Project management experience is a plus, including managing a team of process and equipment engineers supporting the R&D activities
- Excellent customer service skills required. Effective communication of ideas, results and issues to the team and/or other stakeholders is crucial.
- Must be able to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Required to work in semiconductor cleanroom, glovebox and characterisation laboratories.
- Excellent written, verbal communication (in English) and presentation skills required.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19372