Director Student Services
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 09 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Direct and supervise the development, implementation, evaluation of policies and regulations pertaining to student life as well as the liaison between university, students and their parents in order to facilitate communications in discussing matters related to student affairs.
- Lead and represent the Department of Student Services in the day‐to‐day operations of the department, ensuring safety of students, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and review tactical and operational plans, procedures, systems and support in accordance with the University strategic goals, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership by directing the departments' work with faculty and staff, colleagues, students and community partners in order to support, provide and/or facilitate activities that ensure that the University achieves its student leadership development, and engagement goals.
- Coordinate with student groups, faculty and university leadership in developing co‐curricular programming assuring integration with the academic life and encouraging student personal growth and development.
- Raise awareness among students about the University Policies and Procedures in relation to Student code of conduct as well as reviewing student misconduct reports in order to take the appropriate remedial / action, address complaints and conduct investigations as required.
- Facilitate the resolution of all student conduct cases, promote the University policies, provide trainings, and facilitate the personal and ethical development of students involved with alleged violations of University policy
- Ensure that support services related to student life is promptly provided that involves university nurse, events and activities, housing and transportation as well as safety and security of students on campus and in university‐provided accommodation.
- Provide assistance to the Institutional Research and Planning in the design, distribution, and analysis of surveys and survey protocols for student surveys in academic and nonacademic areas.
- Ensure the development and the reporting of institutional performance indicators in Student Service area in order to contribute to the University Fact Book, and to provide information for use by the University leadership including collaboration with various administrative offices to develop institutional data definitions and data collection mechanisms for a standardized reporting of student data.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with students, faculty, and staff in order to be an effective listener and problem solver as well as developing regional, national, and international relationships with individuals and entities that can serve as a resource for Student Services as needed.
- Represent the University and University interests before government agencies, other institutions, various organizations and groups.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre‐determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow‐up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum of 14 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, of which 5 years should have been in a Senior Managerial position, preferably in higher education.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time