Space Planning Specialist (Administration and Facilities)
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 09 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Space Planning Specialist is responsible for participating in all phases of the space planning process for Khalifa University campuses as well as for a variety of projects, providing space planning, interior design, relocation support for University campus operations.
- Provide space planning, layouts, and facilities related support for office buildings and labs on the University campuses
- Assign space for office, common, lab, parking spaces.
- Assist with migration plans and sequencing of group-level and individual office moves
- Provide planning support for building renovations and other facilities enhancement projects
- Perform move scheduling and coordination
- Create remodel and reconstruction plans, drawings, and schedules and execute remodels and reconstruction with available resources
- Measure the office size or dimensions of rooms to determine where to place cubicles, desks, equipment, and other furniture and fixtures in office buildings considering the number of employees to calculate the space allotment for each workstation.
- Maintain accurate building and site master drawings reflecting as-built and as-used conditions.
- Maintain current and historical revision control of drawings.
- Maintain accurate data on space categories, space users and space allocations.
- Maintain accurate historical data on remodel and construction activities.
- Maintain the remodel cadence plans (planned replacement cycles).
- Coordinate with all relevant sections of the Facilities to ensure compliance with Health and Safety and Operations, as well as coordination with the end-user and any affected parties.
- Prepare Presentation stage material, drawings and architectural commercial aspects for Management when required.
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during execution.
- Maintain accurate records of space inventory, databases/maps, and facilities layouts
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architect studies or related field.
- Expats: A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 0-1 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time