Senior Laboratory Technician
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 09 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 08 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Laboratory Technician is responsible for the set-up, operation, and maintenance of laboratory facilities, equipment. He/she is also responsible for lab inventory, processing new equipment installation, graphene and 2D materials (G2DM) synthesis using various procedures, and operation of certain sophisticated equipment, in order to maintain a smooth operation of the center labs and a steady production of G2DM for the center and its industrial partner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support scientific investigations and experiments, demonstrating procedures
- Set up equipment for use in labs, ensure proper operation of equipment and report operating deficiencies
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials, recording and analyzing data
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations, collecting, preparing and/or testing samples
- Develop new or improved methods of testing.
- Work on constructing, maintaining and operating major laboratory equipment, for example XRD, FTIR, Raman, AFM, CVD, TGA, XPS, etc.
- Prepare equipment specifications for procurement that highly specialized skills and knowledge from instruction and rough sketches to technical specifications
- Provide highly specialist and technical advice to research students and researchers in the design of experiments or equipment.
- Service and maintain major systems within the center, including the dismantling, cleaning, inspection and re-assembly and disposal of hazardous waste as required.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies
- Prepare and collate results for interpretation by self and others.
- Record and present results to present to senior colleagues, and write reports, reviews and summaries
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability, conducting searches on identified topics relevant to research within the center
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks, maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment, carrying out risk assessments
- Train junior members of staff in technical skills with the aim of transferring knowledge and experience.
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an appropriate industry recognized Diploma/ certification and relevant experience.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 year’s of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time