Product Owner, Sydney Courses
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $111,966 - $126,271 + 17% superannuation
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, 3 year fixed-term opportunity (with possibility of extension)
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in uplifting the University's Courses website
- Base Salary $111,966 - $126,271 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Digital Performance team as Product Owner for the University's main course catalogue website, Sydney Courses. This website is a vital part of the prospective student user journey as they search, compare, and apply for courses online.
As the Product Owner, you will be developing the product roadmap towards designing a best-in-class tool. Partnering with key stakeholders across the University, you will work to understand requirements, and prioritise and deliver new features towards improving the online experience for prospective students.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- act as the subject matter expert on the product, providing guidance and support to stakeholders and business leaders, with a particular focus on prioritisation of key activities and effective management of the budget
- build rapport and business relationships with key areas impacted by the product to keep abreast of critical priorities in the product environment
- develop a roadmap for the product, including prioritisation of the existing backlog and modify as needed to compensate for emerging issues and trends.
- communicate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders in Marketing and Communications, Sydney Future Students and across the University in relation to overarching vision for the product
- oversee and coordinate the planning, execution, and delivery of new features and enhancements, including working with ICT, Digital Performance Team, vendors and SMEs across the University
- work with the ICT Product Owner and Content and Governance Coordinator to manage yearly rollover of data and other regular updates
- monitor and analyse key product metrics to measure success and identify areas for improvement.
- proven experience as a Product Owner, or equivalent, within a large and multi-faceted organisation
- digital technology experience and understanding of the Adobe Stack (advantageous)
- strong understanding of agile methodologies and experience working in an agile development environment
- strong leadership and communication skills, and elevated stakeholder engagement skills
- demonstrated success in delivering ongoing enhancements with a customer-focused and user-centric outlook
- a data-driven approach with experience in digital reporting and statistical analysis to inform and ensure the effectiveness of digital strategies
- ability to work under pressure and manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, with experience in a B2C customer-facing product environment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 26 March 2023 11:59 PM