Rector at Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest
- MOHOLY-NAGY UNIVERSITY OF ART AND DESIGN
- An outstanding campus environment in a verdant residential district of Budapest, Hungary.
- as per agreement
- 10 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Open call for the position of rector who is directing the University’s education, non-degree education, research and innovation, and other creative and scientific activities.
Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design (MOME) is a university for artists, designers, creators, and innovators, committed to providing answers to the pressing challenges of the 21st century through design-based learning, research, and applied mastery. Its main focus is to support a whole-person approach via mentoring and creating a value-driven art and design ecosystem in the Central and Eastern European region.
Roles and responsibilities:
- directing the University’s three-tier (BA, MA, PhD/DLA) education, non-degree education, research and innovation, and other creative and scientific activities;
- co-developing and directing the implementation of the strategy as it relates to the University’s core activities, in line with the strategic principles and objectives identified by the Foundation maintaining the University;
- co-developing and participating in the operation of the University’s quality assurance system, as well as in the development of performance, outcomes and impact evaluation, human resources, and development strategies and plans related to the University’s core activities;
- co-developing and managing the University’s domestic and international professional network;
- co-developing systems of academic, professional, and well-being contributions to students and the Faculty and cooperation with the CEO in operating these systems;
- managing organizational units belonging to the Rector’s Office;
- exercising employer’s rights as specified in the policies.
- dynamic, future-oriented thinking;
- highly organized; proven skills in leadership: a strong sense of responsibility with a cooperative approach to leading, managing and supporting people;
- general understanding of the complex nature of the ecological, geopolitical, economical, technological, and socio-cultural challenges of contemporary Europe and the Central and Eastern European region;
- coherent concept on the future of higher education in general and the purpose of universities in the 21st century;
- in-depth understanding of the art and design higher education space;
- a holistic approach to knowledge; ability, curiosity, and aspiration to build bridges across different areas of art, design, science, and enterprise;
- exceptional communication skills; ability to represent the University in-house and in the public sphere;
- perfect command of written and spoken English;
- large and relevant international network;
- minimum three (3) years of executive experience in higher education;
- minimum ten (10) years of experience as an educator or education organizer, with an experience in higher education teaching; a deep appreciation of teaching and administrative excellence;
- academic degree (nostrified or recognised in Hungary, or agreeing to have their academic degree obtained abroad nostrified in Hungary);
- University Professor title, or credible evidence of ongoing process for obtaining a University Professor title (in the case of a title previously conferred by an institution outside Hungary, agreeing to participate in a process required for appointment to University Professor at MOME);
- high level of integrity, fairness, and exceptional judgment;
- a strong commitment to intellectual pluralism, freedom of thought, and the diversity of opinions;
- no criminal record and confirmation of no debarment or disqualification from pursuing the required activities;
- willingness to relocate (with family) to Budapest, Hungary.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Degrees or Certifications
- Passport First Data Page
- Contact Information for Two (2) Professional References
- Certificate of no criminal record issued within the last three months, or foreign equivalent
- A draft of the envisaged Rector's programme, in line with the University's public strategic objectives and efforts
Meeting of all eligibility criteria will be confirmed based on all required documents submitted by the submission deadline specified.
Please send your application and supporting documents to the following e-mail address with the title ‘Application for Rector’: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate that you are applying for the Rector of MOME post in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for application submission: 31 May 2023
After the publication of the call for applications, those interested in applying will be offered the opportunity for personal on-site orientation visits by appointment with the University between 1 January 2023 and 30 April 2023.
More details: https://mome.hu/en/rector