Financial Accounting Manager
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Finance & Procurement
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Financial Accounting Manager - REQ002014
UWS seeks to recruit an innovative qualified accountant to lead the Financial Accounting and Treasury Team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this post will contribute to the development of Finance Office policy and promote ‘good financial practice’ across the University. The post holder will operate in a dynamic environment and oversee the delivery of all external and internal financial reporting requirements. In addition, they will have the drive and ability to lead, and develop finance teams in order to achieve results together.
In order to be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Experience of preparing Statutory Financial Accounts under FRS102
- Detailed knowledge of VAT and corporate taxation issues
- Strong understanding of balance sheet controls
- Proven significant external reporting experience with specific responsibility for the full production of statutory accounts
- Experience preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience of managing year end auditor queries
- Professional accountancy qualification such as CCAB or similar, plus a relevant degree level education, or similar equivalent.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free Gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing date: 12.00 noon, Tuesday 28th March 2023
Interview date: Week commencing 3rd April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.