Professor/Associate Professor of Early-Childhood Education
- UNIVERSITY OF SHARJAH
- United Arab Emirates (AE)
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 07 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are seeking a scholar in Early-Childhood Education at the Professor or Associate Professor scale.
The candidate must have a PhD from a recognized international university (preferably Anglophone), and is research-active through peer-refereed publications, and has a solid experience in university teaching.
The candidate is expected to efficiently teach in Arabic and in English the core courses in their areas of expertise, in addition to other courses as required by the department. The candidate is also required to build local, regional, and international networks with academic scholars and institutions for partnerships and collaborations in teaching, research, and service.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Teaching courses in the field of specialism and as required by the department.
- Student advising.
- Serving in academic committees at the department, college, and university.
- Conducting and publishing peer-referred research in the field of specialism.
- Encouraging students and mentoring them in research publication.
- Contributing to the program accreditation and quality assurance.
- Supporting and developing interdisciplinary programs of study.
- Being an active member of the department, college, and university.
- Contributing to activities in community engagement and public service.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in the specialty from a recognized international university.
- Sequence of certification in the field of specialization.
- Evidence of peer-refereed research, with preference for publications in impactful indexed journals.
- Ability to develop and sustain quality of research and innovation.
- Competent IT skills and their application in teaching.
- 10 years of experience (Professor scale) or 6 years of experience (Associate Professor scale) in university teaching within the field of specialism.
- Fluency in the Arabic and English languages.
- Good knowledge and contribution to academic accreditation procedures.
- Having a team spirit in cooperation across the college and university.