Research Fellow, The Bioinformatics Platform
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 07 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Bioinformatics Platform at the Immunology Translational Research Program NUS, utilizes state-of-the-art methods in pipelines and workflow to analyze data to gain biological insights. The platform works with a number of medium to high throughput technologies like microbiome metagenomics, single-cell omics, next generation sequencing (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, etc), Luminex multiplex assays, Microarrays, Nanostring and Flow/Mass cytometry and integrates them together with other heterogenous datasets to derived meaningful understandings. The platform is currently looking for a Research Fellow to analyze above mentioned biological data using computational methods.
- Work with internal and external collaborators to understand biological problems and translate them to actionable computational analytical tasks.
- Execute computational analytical tasks to generate results for interpretation and report generation.
- Communicate and discuss analysis results with collaborators.
- Survey and evaluation of computational methodologies for incorporation into analysis workflows.
- Maintain and manage servers
- PhD in Bioinformatics/Computational biology, Statistics, Mathematics, Data science, Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines.
- Proficient in the Linux operating system
- Proficient in programming languages such as Unix shell scripts, R, Python and Java
- Able to work independently and keen to pick up new skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn biology and statistics
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12312