5 days left
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $82,923 to $99,696 p.a.
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- Higher Education Officer Level 7 | $90,063 - $99,696 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
About the College of Science and Engineering
At the College of Science and Engineering we believe in the power of science and engineering to solve real world problems. We strive to advance fundamental science, to create new technologies, and to work across discipline boundaries. Our interests scale from the sub-atomic through to entire oceans, forests and beyond. We seek to understand the past, but also to create the world of the future. Our College is an exciting place to research, study, and work, supported by best practice teaching methods, practical work-related learning, and advanced facilities.
About the Role
As the Mechanical Engineer you will play a pivotal role in ensuring all mechanical design and technical work for the College of Science and Engineering (CSE) is compliant and safe. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, your work will be varied, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate on unique and innovative projects.
Joining forces with the CSE teaching and research teams, you will design develop, construct and commission specialised mechanical equipment, apparatus, and other sound engineering solutions developed to meet their needs.
As well as actively managing projects, you will be responsible for the functional supervision of the Engineering Services Team mechanical team members, including project scoping, planning & management, scheduling and contributing to continuous improvement of support service processes.
Some benefits of this role include:
- Standard 36.75 -hour, full-time working week.
- Accessible in-house machinery and equipment.
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options.
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services and gym
You will bring a collegial, collaborative, and supportive work ethic and demonstrate your ability to apply initiative, judgement, and prioritization in a busy team environment. You will use your practical experience and strong communication and interpersonal skills to successfully guide and supervise a team of technical specialists undertaking multiple projects. You will liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and use your analytical skills to exercise technical judgment and communicate complex technical matters in a clear accurate manner.
To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate:
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience.
- Formal qualifications in project management and/or demonstrated experience (desirable).
- Eligible for Engineers Australia membership.
- Experience in complex and innovative mechanical design using appropriate CAD tools realised through in-house and external manufacturing processes.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new staff members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions and limited exemptions.
How to Apply and Information
- In addition to uploading your CV, please submit a Cover Letter/Statement elaborating on your previous experiences in a similar role.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact: Anthony Papageorgiou
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
29 Mar 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.