Lecturer, Cyber Security
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- Level B $105,043 – $124,301 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- An opportunity to make an ongoing contributing to teaching and research in Computer Science
- Full-time tenurable appointment
- Base salary range: Level B $105,043 – $124,301 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in the School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The Department offers broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Computer Science, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering. The Department’s research strengths include computer vision, natural language processing, AI, machine learning and optimisation, computer systems, cybersecurity, computational logic and bioinformatics. In the resource-rich state of Western Australia opportunities for partnership and collaborative research are extensive and the Department has well established links with WA industries.
Further information about the School and its teaching programmes can be found at
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Lecturer to join our Department and make a long-term contribution to research and teaching excellence.
You will lecture in a range of undergraduate and postgraduate units in Computer Science and Cybersecurity while contributing to ongoing development of the Department’s academic programs. You will also build a research portfolio of high-quality publications, grants, and collaborations, and assist with the supervision of PhD, masters, and honours research students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD degree in Computer Science
- Demonstrated teaching experience relevant to the Department's teaching programs in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Software Engineering
- Evidence of and willingness to teach large units, engage in curriculum design and organise teaching activities
- Demonstrated research performance, a strong publication record and the ability to apply for grants
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Lecturer- Cyber Security 512526.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 11 April 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rachel Cardell-Oliver on (08) 6488 2231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.