Online Lecturer, Teaching Academic Level B
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Adelaide, Australia
- $104, 838 - $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 08 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Based in UniSA Online at the City West Campus
- Three (3) full-time (1.0 FTE), three (3) year fixed term contracts
- Salary: Level B $104, 838 - $123,873 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Working on site in Adelaide, South Australia, the Online Lecturer will work with academic staff within Academic Units to support the development and delivery of curriculum for new online programs within the following disciplines.
- Health: Community Health/Public Health/ Nutrition/Exercise/Health Sciences
- Information Technology (Software Engineering and/or Networking background required)
- Tourism, Event Management and Hospitality
The successful candidates will contribute to the design, development and teaching of engaging course curricula and materials for the online program. You will implement teaching approaches that maximise the student experience and learning outcomes, whilst contributing to the recruitment and development of teaching staff within UniSA Online.
Critical to the success of the role will be establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders across the University to ensure that UniSA Online identifies and responds to strategic opportunities, and effectively leading and mentoring academic staff within the teaching team.
* Within the University of South Australia the Online Lecturer role holds the title of Online Course Facilitator.
*This position is located in Adelaide and does not have capacity to work remotely.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, or relevant work experience
- Evidence of recent teaching experience and discipline knowledge within a relevant field
- Passion for and proficiency in undertaking teaching duties including the design and preparation of online teaching activities and resources
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of education technologies such as learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, BlackBoard, or Canvas), and virtual classrooms
- Experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies, including the ability to develop supportive learning environments
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
About UniSA Online
UniSA Online offers fully online degrees purposely designed for study on demand, 24/7 student support, and access to state of the art teaching and learning resources through an interactive online platform. We deliver high quality, supportive, flexible and interactive online education for students, and embody the corporate values of innovation, client service and academic excellence. UniSA Online supports UniSA’s strategic ambitions detailed in Enterprise25, to grow the online postgraduate programs and short courses, and expand reach to students based overseas.
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applicants are also required to upload a weblink to a video of themselves addressing the following question:
“Based on your past experience, tell us in 2 minutes or less, why you would make a great online teacher in your discipline?"
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4977.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 20 March 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.